How Can We Help?
Leadership X-Factor: The Power of Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence as measured by one’s emotional quotient (EQ), can be several times more powerful in predicting occupational performance than IQ (intelligence quotient) because it reflects the ability to apply what you know to the real-world situations you face. This course is designed to help participants unlock their leadership skills through the power of Emotional Intelligence. In preparation for the virtual training, participants will:
- Complete the EQ-i 2.0 ® online emotional intelligence assessment
- Receive a 19-page report of overall Emotional Intelligence plus a 6 page personalized analysis of potential capacity in each area of Leadership Presence based on individual emotional intelligence scores (EQ-i 2.0®).
- Engage in a ½ hour, private, telephonic coaching session with the instructor to discuss their assessment results in detail and strategies to move forward
Who Should Enroll:
- Those who want to identify future leaders with the greatest potential
- Managers and leaders who want to align their skill set to those likely to be in demand in the future
- Anyone who wants to leverage their existing skill set for further success
- Associates who aspire to become leaders in today’s high-performing organizations
- Professionals facing interpersonal communication challenges
- Identify areas of skill-set challenges/imbalances and isolate areas of performance drag
- Understand the power of vision and the building blocks of drive to unlock potential
- Profile your presence – the leadership “X” factor
- Evaluate personal brand and projection of leadership presence outwardly to others
- Understand how to manage mood and self-talk
- Evaluate capacity to maintain control in stressful situations and personal resilience
- Evaluate capacity to connect with others through empathy and interpersonal relationships
- Understand how to use facilitative conditioning to facilitate positive interactions with others
- Understand how to develop and coach others
This workshop utilizes the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0®), which must be completed prior to class. Upon registration, attendees will receive a web link to access and complete the online assessment. This course also includes a one-on-one coaching session to review your results prior to the group class. To allow for this advance assessment and individual one-on-one review, registration is required by Friday, October 7, 2022.
Continuing Education Hours & Certification:
Continuing Education Units: .65 CEUs and a Certificate of Achievement from The University of Texas at Austin and Texas Consilium to document and commemorate your progress on your journey of becoming your best.
Dr. Rich Handley is president and founder of EQ University. He is a pioneer in bringing emotional intelligence to the workplace and has more than 22 years’ experience in corporate applications of emotional intelligence. He has spent those years instructing Fortune 500 firms, academic institutions, federal and state agencies, the U.S. Armed Forces and law enforcement agencies to leverage emotional intelligence in areas such as employee selection, organizational and leadership development, employee development and sales training.
Dr. Handley has co-authored several books and manuals on emotional intelligence, including “Optimizing People,” the EQ360 Assessment, the EQ Interview, the Behavioral Health Survey and the Benchmark of Organizational Emotional Intelligence. His work has been featured in Fast Company magazine, Inc. Magazine, Harvard Business Update, Training magazine, HR Magazine, Controller Magazine, Selling Power, the Dallas Morning News, MSN, ABC and Fox News.
Class Size: This class is limited to 30 participants, and must meet a certain minimum enrollment to proceed. If you are unable to register due to capacity limits, you may request to be waitlisted by sending an email to LeadershipTraining@txconsilium.org. In the event minimum registrations are not met, the organizers reserve the right to cancel this event and provide full refunds to each registrant.
Texas Advocates – Individuals who believe in our mission and who want to connect with opportunities that involve working to improve Texas businesses are welcome to join us as a Texas Advocate. Advocate dues and a long list of benefits have been established, including saving at least $100 on training programs like this one, free attendance at our monthly breakfasts and much more. See the benefits and join now prior to registering at www.txconsilium.org/advocate.
Networking – All attendees can participate in our networking introductions, so this is a great opportunity to meet others interested in improving business in Texas.